- If you are hospitalised as an inpatient (traditional hospitalisation):
You will be admitted in the department the day before the operation around 4pm.
- If you are an outpatient (ambulatory care):
You will be admitted for your operation on the same day.
The admission hour will be given to you over the phone the day before the intervention.
You must not eat or drink anything 6 hours before the operation. (You must not eat, drink or smoke).
Please bring with you the following documents:
- Identity card
- Carte vitale (French health insurance card) or attestation CMU (Universal Health Insurance Coverage certificate)
- Carte de mutuelle (private health insurance card)
- Blood type ID card
- Results of analysis and/or radiographies
- List of medicines you are currently taking together with the instructions.
You need to give the prescription to the nurse who will welcome you.
- As an inpatient:
You will be discharged after you have seen your surgeon. This generally happens in the morning.
- As an outpatient:
You will be discharged the same day, depending on the hour of the intervention.
If needed, you will be given a medical leave certificate and a prescription.